A. Age: Participant must be 18 years old or have graduated from high school.
B. The SCWAU League is open to all females of Japanese ancestry.
a) Japanese ancestry is defined as a person whose parents, one or both, are at least 25% Japanese.
b) Birth certificates or proof of ethnicity for a new player having a non-Japanese surname by marriage, non-or part-Japanese parent or grandparent must be submitted, with the full names of all relevant individuals, before the participant can be declared eligible. In all cases in question, proper documentation will be required to demonstrate the necessary Japanese ancestry.
C. Four non-Japanese participants are permitted, per roster. Non-Japanese is defined as:
a) Participants, regardless of race, legally adopted by parents, one or both, who are at least 25% Japanese are considered to be Japanese. Birth certificates may be required.
b) Participants of Asian ancestry.
c) Non-Japanese participants, who have participated in the JAO or SEYO leagues from midgets through seniors, may petition for eligibility. Participation confirmation can consist of league results from the Rafu Shimpo, published roster in at least three consecutive years of tournament booklets, a letter from JAO/SEYO president and team coach verification.
d) Participants who have been “grandfathered” in from the previous SCWAU seasons (Summer 2011 through Winter 2013).
Open Division Eligibility:
- A. Players must be of Asian descent
- B. There are no restrictions for the number of non-Japanese players for each team
- C. Eligibility requirements (listed above) regarding non-Asian participants will still be followed. Proof of participation or ethnicity will be required.
- D. Participants who have been “grandfathered” in from the previous SCWAU seasons (Summer 2011 through Winter 2013) are also eligible.
- A. Maximum of 15 Players
- B. Players may ONLY play on ONE team – regardless of division.
- C. May add/change players after the first game, only if the following criteria are met:
- 1) Esther Hsu notified by Thursday, prior to Sunday’s game that you wish to add or change a new player
- 2) If already at a max of 15 rostered players, you may remove one to add another
- 3) SCWAU Board approval
- 4) After January 2, 2018 there will be a $25 change/add fee per player
- · Current college players must play in the OPEN DIVISION. If you are an incoming freshman and have NOT YET played for a college, you are exempt from this rule.
- · Former college players must be 4 years out (4-year University) and 2 years out (Junior College), after the last collegiate season played, in order to be eligible to play in the Silver, Bronze or Ayes Division.
- · Former college players still within the time frame listed above, must play in the OPEN DIVISION.
- · After the 2 or 4 year rule is met, college players/teams will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- · The SCWAU Board reserves the right to move players/teams up/down division(s) at their discretion.
- All active players are required to sign the roster upon playing their first game (see scorekeeper).
Risk and Liability:
All players will sign an assumption of risk and liability form. This will be kept on file. It is the responsibility of the individual to update the form as needed.
- For roster additions/changes and eligibility guidelines, please contact Esther Hsu.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 626-375-5072