Ten (10) Week SCWAU 2015 Summer Season:
· Start on Sunday, June 14, 2015
· No games on July 5 and August 9, 2015
· Season ends on August 30, 2015
· Game Fees: $32.00/team/game
· Registration Fee: $300/team
· Contact Esther Hsu and Mike K. Miyashima by Thursday, prior to Sunday’s forfeit date.
· Have forfeit fees (game fees x 2 = $64) at gym by scheduled game time (or you may leave it the week before in an envelope indicating date of forfeit and details).
· If the above steps are not followed, a $100 forfeit fee will be applied.
· Same color jersey is REQUIRED for all players.
· Note: Navy Blue is NOT Black. Yellow is NOT White.
· Permanent numbers on both sides.
May or may not be honored this season, pending the SCWAU Board’s approval. Complete schedules will be released at least one week prior to the first game. Please take this into consideration when planning vacations, tournaments, etc.
A. Age: Participant must be 18 years old or have graduated from high school.
B. The SCWAU League is open to all females of Japanese ancestry.
a) Japanese ancestry is defined as a person whose parents, one or both, are at least 25% Japanese.
b) Birth certificates or proof of ethnicity for a new player having a non-Japanese surname by marriage, non- or part- Japanese parent or grandparent must be submitted, with the full names of all relevant individuals, before the participant can be declared eligible. In all cases in question, proper documentation will be required to demonstrate the necessary Japanese ancestry.
C. Four non-Japanese participants are permitted, per roster. Non-Japanese is defined as:
a) Participants, regardless of race, legally adopted by parents, one or both, who are at least 25% Japanese are
considered to be Japanese. The birth certificate for this player is required.
b) Participants of Asian ancestry.
c) Participants of Pacific Islander ancestry.
d) Non-Japanese participants, who have participated in the JAO or SEYO leagues from midgets through seniors,
may petition for eligibility. Participation confirmation can consist of league results from the Rafu Shimpo,
published roster in at least three consecutive years of tournament booklets, a letter from JAO/SEYO president and team coach verification.
e) Participants who have been “grandfathered” in from the previous SCWAU seasons (Summer 2011 through Winter 2013).
· Current college players are not eligible. If you are an incoming freshman and have NOT YET played for a college, you are exempt and may play.
· Former college players must be 4 years out (4-year University) and 2 years out (Junior College), after the last collegiate season played, in order to be eligible.
· After the 2 or 4 year rule is met, college players/teams will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
A. Maximum of 15 Players
B. May add/change players after the first game, only if the following criteria are met:
1) Esther Hsu notified by Thursday, prior to Sunday’s game that you wish to add or change a new player.
2) If already at a max of 15 rostered players, you may remove one to add another.
3) SCWAU Board approval.
4) After June 8, 2015, there will be a $25 change/add fee. Per player
- All active players are required to sign the roster upon playing their first game (see scorekeeper).
Risk and Liability:
- All players will sign an assumption of risk and liability form. This will be kept on file. It is the responsibility of the individual to update the form as needed.
- For roster additions/changes and eligibility guidelines, please contact Esther Hsu.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 626-375-5072